Papaya Salad: A Refreshing Recipe for Exquisite Enjoyment 1 Month Early
Papaya salad is made from green papayas, and is a healthy & refreshing pre-season snack.
It’s almost papaya season! Although we still have more than a month until the papayas on our trees will be ripe, the green papayas are perfect for making salad right now.
If you’re familiar with Chrissy Teigen’s mom, Pepper, you have probably seen her chop the papaya directly! Although we aren’t on that level of ~pro~, here is our Homegrown Papaya Salad Recipe! We hope you enjoy <3 If you make this recipe, tag me on Instagram @elisehatsuko.
Papaya Salad Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon dried shrimp
- 2 Hawaiian chili peppers
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1⁄8 cup fresh lime juice (we use limes from our garden)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 pound grated green papaya
- 1 sliced tomato
- 1 cup peanuts
Papaya Salad Directions
- Crush the dried shrimp with the chiles and garlic cloves, then whisk in the lime juice, fish sauce and the sugar.
- Toss the dressing with the papaya and tomato. You can also add green beans.
- Adjust seasoning with lime juice, fish sauce, and sugar.
- Top with chopped peanuts. I also love eating this with guacamole 😉